Friday, 1 July 2011

The Ever Confusing Loss of Innocence.

So my mum and dad have always refused to take my brother and I to Disney Land/ Disney World, a problem that I have have always resented. Fortunately, I have the opportunity to visit Disney World with my friend and her family (my second family. <3) and I mentioned that there were a couple of  points I would like to bring to the princesses' attention, mainly just to see their reactions.

When asked to elaborate, I expressed my urge to approach Ariel and ask if she was aware of the fact that if she were to run away with a boy she only knew for three days at the age of sixteen that she'd probably end up dead.

For some reason, she said that it was extremely inappropriate and that she'd hit me if I did so. I don't see anything wrong with that, but I do see how that could possibly ruin the innocence of many a five year old...But still, they should learn that it's not okay to run off with boys they don't know. AND, I really would like to see what Ariel's response would be.

Similarly, I'd like to ask Aroura why she ran off with a boy who basically date raped her and stalked her beforehand, and ask Belle  why she married a guy who clearly was abusive, etc.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.